I am continuing the process of collecting my files digitally, and it has been so much fun to sort through all of my magazine clippings.
Some background info before I share the pic from my File. We hope to build a screened porch above the concrete porch that you see right off of the side door. And you won’t see any more concrete, or the unsightly tar line where a collapsing roof was removed! Someday. Here is Fieldstone Hill, waiting for her screened porch:
So while I wait, I dream. That is what I do best!
Here is a beautiful space that I dug up from my Paper Files. It is a photo from a covered porch, but for Fieldstone Hill, it will serve as a source of inspiration for decorating our future screened porch:
What I love!:
- the concrete structures. That dog is so stately, and I never would have thought of a simple concrete ball, but somehow, it looks so classic.
- the blue painted wooden planks as flooring.
- the whites and the blues
- ivy in pots. one is even a galvanized bucket, I believe. beautiful!
- a simple reading and chatting and laughing area. with a place to put your iced tea.
- a blue ceiling.
- the galvanized wall lamp, up and off to the right.
- taking the time to add fresh flowers on your porch.
- white painted railings, thick with real wood.
****oh goodness. I nearly forgot to remind you to enter my giveaway. Submissions will end on Monday, next week.